One in four women is exposed to family violence. One in six women will be victims of rape in their lifetime. Two out of three cases of abuse against women and children are caused by someone who is familiar to them. You are not alone and there is hope to rebuild your life and to have a happy, fulfilling future.
Contact us for help if:
- You have no support from family or friends.
- You have references to confirm that you don’t have a history of manipulation or criminal behaviour.
- You are not substance dependent.
Alternatives if you do not meet the above criteria:
Unfortunately, we do not have the facilities and resources to help everyone. However, below are alternative routes to take:
- Phone any of the emergency helplines below.
- Contact social services organisation Badisa.
- Apply for a protection order at the nearest police station or magistrate’s court.
- Lay a criminal charge at a police station and apply for a protection order. A protection order is a legal order to your domestic partner to stop the abuse – anyone can apply for a protection order
More information about police support and protection orders