Domestic abuse can be physical, financial or emotional
Domestic abuse is not limited to acts of physical violence. If you are exposed to any of the following, you may be an abuse victim.
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse or assault like slapping, biting, kicking or being threatened
- Damage to your property or personal possessions
- Economic abuse – when your domestic partner withholds money that you are legally entitled to or dispose of any property in which you have interest
- Emotional abuse – degrading or humiliating behaviour, repeated insults, belittling, cursing and threats
- Any behaviour that poses a threat to your safety, health or well-being